Work with us
We’re expanding our dream team.
If you care about making a difference, then we want you on board at Orana House.
We have a number of interesting and rewarding new positions open right now. To apply, please forward your resume, as well as a cover letter addressing the skills and experience you have that align with the role to:
Mel Rowe, General Manager
08 9370 4544
*Please note, for all of the roles listed below, that being female is a Genuine Occupational Qualification under Section 27 of the Equal Opportunities Act 1984 (WA) and Section 30 (1) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth)
Positions available now:
Part-Time and Casual Support Workers/women’s advocates
Orana House provides crisis and transitional accommodation, advocacy and holistic support services for women and children experiencing family and domestic violence. We are looking for part-time and casual Refuge Support Workers/Women’s Advocates to join our current refuge and outreach teams.
The role will work alongside our advocates and support workers to provide practical and emotional support, advocacy and case management services to women and children impacted by family and domestic violence (FDV).
We are seeking skilled, energetic and organised individuals with a passion to advocate for women and children and provide activities and programs to meet their needs and increase their knowledge, resilience and safety.
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services Certificate IV or above
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an FDV or direct client service delivery organisation
- Knowledge of family and domestic violence, its impact and the resources available to assist
- Knowledge & experience in culturally sensitive practice
- Knowledge of trauma informed and strength-based practice
- Ability to advocate for clients and their needs with external agencies and stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing demands within limited timeframes
- Professional boundaries and ability to adhere to privacy and confidentiality principles.
- High level of written & verbal communication skills
- Commitment to working within Orana’s Vision and Mission
- A current National Police Clearance and Working with Children Card
- A valid driver’s license
- A Current Senior First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Flexibility to work a combination of day, overnight and weekend shifts
- Be vaccinated in line with Government guidelines